The American Association of Birth Centers (AABC) Foundation has launched a Request for Proposals for Research Grants to support research projects on issues related to the birth center model of care.
The AABC Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established by the American Association of Birth Centers in 1994 to advance public knowledge and understanding of issues related to family-centered childbirth.
The Foundation aims to accomplish this mission by identifying funding needs and appropriate resources necessary to carry out the following goals:
- Assuring continued development, expansion, and stability of the birth center model.
- Educating various audiences about the role of birth centers in improving maternity and women’s health care.
- Identifying and validating components of the birth center model through ongoing quantitative and qualitative research.
- Documenting and disseminating the history and ongoing research and development of the birth center model.
- Supporting CABC accreditation as the standard for birth center excellence.
- AABCF is offering 1-year grant opportunities of up to $5,000.
- Open to individuals or organizations
- Non-profit status not required
- Research project related to the birth center model of care
- A demonstrated capacity and a plan to complete the research in accordance with the project’s timeline.
For more information, visit https://www.aabcfoundation.org/research-grants#