Do you or someone you know have an idea that could make your community healthier, cleaner and safer? RISE is calling all female entrepreneurs working to solve water, sanitation and hygiene problems within their communities.
Sundara has launched a call for applications for its first ever social innovation fund – RISE by Sundara. RISE is designed to support budding female entrepreneurs based in emerging economies working to improve water, hygiene and sanitation in their own communities. Each RISE fellow receives a year of virtual training, pro bono consulting, mentorship and a $5,000 seed grant.
RISE provides seed funding and mentorship to female entrepreneurs or early-stage non-profits working in the water, sanitation or hygiene sectors. It is mandatory that the idea or project in consideration directly benefits women in middle or low-income countries across the globe.
- Seed Funding
- They believe in offering a hand-up, rather than a hand out. RISE offers up to $5,000 per entrepreneur to contribute sustainably to their community in the WASH sector. These funds give early-stage entrepreneurs the initial financial support to develop their business plan into a well-researched, income-generating project.
- Over and above seed funding, RISE offers regular guidance and communication on everything from how to best develop a business plan to perfecting a ‘pitch.’ No two projects or businesses are alike – and that’s why they provide tailored, specific advice based on the individual needs of each fellow.
- Business Resource
- They tap into the extensive network of professionals to connect you with experts relative to your field. From business consultants, to PR professionals, to similar organizations working in your sector, they work to connect you to world class talent.
- Female entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 to 50 living in low to middle income countries with a unique idea on how to improve local water, sanitation or hygiene problems in their very own community.
- Grassroots nonprofits led by females or benefitting females, with annual budgets under $50,000 USD.
- The idea will be fully developed or the project will be in its infancy.
- Applicant will be able to clearly explain the problem, with a concise explanation of the solution to be implemented.
- Applicant will be able to clearly explain how much funds they require and how they plan to use the funds to create a profitable, sustainable impact-venture.
For more information, visit https://www.sundarafund.org/rise-by-sundara