Save the Children is commissioning Small grants for municipalities to construct playgrounds and green spaces in kindergartens/schools.
“Schools for Health” is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) implemented by Save the Children. This nationwide project consisted of a Phase 1-year Starter (March 2020 – February 2021), followed by a 4-year Key Stage (March 2021 – February 2025).
The main goal of the project is to reduce exposure to the main risk factors for non-communicable diseases (NCD) in the Albanian population in general, with a special focus on school students. More specifically, the “Schools for Health” project aims to promote positive behavioral changes among all primary school students (ages 6-16) in Albania, families and communities in general.
The project aims to support selected schools for the establishment of kindergartens The main goal of the project is to reduce exposure to the main risk factors for schools and playgrounds in cooperation with the local government, providing also engagement of the private sector.
The fund limit for a grant is a minimum of 5,000 CHF and a maximum of 8,000 CHF.
Beneficiaries of the Grant are all the municipalities in these counties: Kukës, Elbasan, Korçë, Lezë, Durrës, Berat.
In order to qualify for funding, the applicant must:
- To be one of the municipalities of Albania in the districts: Kukës, Elbasan, Korçë, Lezhë, Durrës, Berat.
- The school where the project will be implemented must be within the geographical territory that it administers the municipality;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of operations for implementation of the project in schools within the geographical region it covers;
- The applicant will manage the grant funds, in accordance with the activities and costs of anticipated;
- Project implementation can be from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 4 months. each proposal outside these deadlines will not be considered valid.
For more information, visit https://albania.savethechildren.net/sites/albania.savethechildren.net/files/2022-002%20Thirrja%202%20per%20bashkite%20final.pdf