The Story County Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Capacity Building Grants Program to create a local community foundation to connect their communities with resources that would address current and emerging needs and grow the future of Story County.
SCCF will consider
Grant applications for projects that increase the ability of the organization to grow its funds held under the umbrella of SCCF. Examples of projects that could meet these criteria include (but are not limited to) those that:
- Strengthen the Board of Directors and governance of the organization, through training or assistance from an expert in the field.
- Assist in strategic thinking and planning for the future of the organization.
- Build a plan for long-term sustainability and reliable funding streams.
- Build technology systems to meet future development needs and accountability.
- Develop a marketing plan to build future sustainability.
- Or other similar use that will further the organization’s capacity to grow their funds held under the umbrella of SCCF.
Community Betterment Objectives
Grant proposals that address one or more of the following objectives are accepted:
- Address community needs in the areas of art/culture/humanities, education, health, human services, environment or community/public/society benefit.
- Strengthen the nonprofit sector by supporting nonprofit organizations, promoting philanthropy, and encouraging civic involvement.
- Encourage residents of Story County communities to be inclusive, welcoming, and understanding of diverse cultures.
- Support strong, stable families and provide solid beginnings for children and youth.
- Serve as a catalyst in collaborative efforts for the betterment of communities in Story County.
- Serve as seed money for a new program or project.
- Address other identified community needs with identified solutions.
- Grant requests of up to $2,500 will be considered.
- The applicant must have a fund established with SCCF. Grants are made only to charitable organizations with a 501(c()3) status, or to governmental agencies. Geographically, funding is limited to projects that will significantly improve the Story County community.
Applications must include the following information:
- The organizational need addressed with the Capacity Building Grant
- Anticipated results of the project and how it impacts the future of the organization
- Timeline for the project
- Board commitment to the project, both financially and in terms of participation
- Budget, including other sources of funding and the amount requested from SCCF
- Include only costs pertinent to the project.
- Include the specific portion of the project SCCF funds would be used for
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) designation letter
- A list of the organization’s Board of Directors with contact information including e-mail addresses
- If your request is for an educational purpose, explain how newly obtained information will be disseminated within your organization
For more information, visit https://www.storycountyfoundation.org/nonprofit-resources/nonprofit-grants/capacity-building-grants