The Souter Charitable Trust (SCT) is accepting applications for its grant program to support projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in the UK and overseas – particularly, but not exclusively, those promoting spiritual welfare.
The trust supports projects for the relief of human suffering in the UK and overseas and, as committed Christians, Sir Brian and Lady Elizabeth are particularly interested in projects that also promote spiritual welfare. Over the years the trust has supported thousands of projects ranging from combating the world’s biggest killer, malaria to supplying daily meals to school children in Africa.
Souter Charitable Trust was set up by Sir Brian and his wife Lady Elizabeth in 1992. Since 2006 The Souter Charitable Trust has awarded more than 15,000 grants totaling over £104 million.
- Whilst there are no minimum or maximum amounts given an average grant would be a small one-off in the region of £1,000 – £3,000.
- Grants are restricted to UK registered charities only. Current legislation does not permit the trustees to give direct grants to overseas organizations as they are unable to carry out the due diligence required of them.
- Small grants may be awarded for gap year / short term projects which extend to at least one calendar year.
- All projects for capital building and renovation works are specifically excluded from funding.
- The personal health and educational needs of individuals are not normally funded.
- No application forms are required. To make an application, apply in writing.
- Re-application for a grant is permitted, but only after once calendar year has elapsed.
- The trustees generally meet once a month and all applications, whether successful or not, are acknowledged in due course.
- All grants are made at the discretion of the Trustees and their decision is final
For more information, visit https://www.soutercharitabletrust.org.uk/guidelines