CVC’s Social Enterprise Accelerator Initiative (SEA Change initiative) helps CBOs interested in learning more about social enterprise as a means of achieving a degree of self-sustainability as well as providing employment opportunities for community members.
- Provide seed funding and technical assistance over a two-year period to support NGO/CBO/CSO with an existing social enterprise venture that currently generates income to cover some of the organisations core costs or services to key populations. Examples of CBOs that established social enterprise initiatives in the previous round include and food and beverage businesses, and agriculture and tourism ventures.
- The seed funding is made available to CBOs who are interested in becoming more self-sustaining. They are particularly interested in supporting ventures that can show an increase in their profits over a two-year period.
- US$ 20,000 per year
Number of Grants
- August 2023 to August 2025
- Community-based organisations who are providing frontline services to key populations (i.e., MSM, Sex Workers, Marginalised youth, vulnerable women and girls, Persons Who Use Drugs, migrants and transgender persons) and who are generating at least part of their income from a social enterprise venture.
- Civil society and community-based organizations must have demonstrable experience in implementing income generation strategies, business plan development, social enterprises and have staff trained in this area.
- The organization must have (a) staff member(s) who have successfully completed the SEA Change Introductory Course Online Course
- The organization must be delivering services to key populations in their country.
- The organization must be legally incorporated.
For more information, visit Caribbean Vulnerable Communities.