Sisters Health Foundation’s Basic Needs/Direct Service Grants Program is a competitive grants program in which applicants can seek grants of $500 to $5,000.
Organizations that provide direct service in the form of material aid such as food, personal needs items, and emergency assistance to poor and vulnerable populations in our service area are encouraged to apply. Those who currently have such programs will indicate how their work helps strengthen individuals and families receiving basic needs services take a step forward. In addition to helping people on the brink of crisis, this grant program serves as an opportunity to connect families with needed services.
The Basic Needs/Direct Service Grants Program is a one-stage process which consists of submitting the full application.
- Applicants can seek grants of $500 to $5,000.
- Organizations may apply once a year and are limited to a maximum of $5,000 per 12-month period.
Your organization is eligible if all of the following are true:
Applicant organization is a tax-exempt nonprofit under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a public institution.
- The project will positively impact residents in one or more of the counties in our service area:
- West Virginia: Calhoun, Jackson, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wirt, Wood
- Ohio: Athens, Meigs, Washington
- Provision of basic needs is already a demonstrated and integral part of the mission and activities of the organization.
All Basic Needs/Direct Service applications are evaluated on the basis of the quality of the proposal, its practical approach, how it will advance the larger mission of the organization, the organization’s capacity and budget, and the cost to achieve results.
For more information, visit https://sistershealthfdn.org/grant-programs/apply/