The Japan Foundation is offering grants under Small Grant Program to cover partial expenses to implement projects concerning Japan, in the field of Arts & Culture and Japanese Studies.
International cultural exchange to promote deeper understanding of Japan including projects to enhance Japanese studies in Thailand.
- Promotion of deeper understanding of Japanese arts and culture among the people of Thailand and this region
- Joint-research and conferences whose results will be published
- Projects that would further promote and expand the horizon of Japanese studies in the field of humanities or social sciences
- Lower priority will be given to the projects based on existing partnerships, such as agreements between universities and sister institution relationships
- Potential for development into new projects
- Innovative approaches or pioneering elements in the themes and contents
- Support expenses up to 50,000 baht.
Projects concerning Japan (Arts and Culture/Japanese Studies)
- International art and cultural exchange events implemented in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos such as art exhibitions, performing arts or film screenings to promote deeper understanding of Japanese arts and culture among the people in Thailand and this region. This category also includes projects to enhance Japanese studies in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos such as joint-research, conferences, seminars and intensive courses.
- Applicants should be non-profit organizations (e.g. universities, research institutes and academic associations, NGO/NPOs) located in Thailand, Cambodia or Laos.
- In principle, the project should be carried out in the country where the Applicant is based.
- Applicants should carry out the project as an institution and should cover a part of the cost.
- The project should be implemented and completed within a Japanese fiscal year (from April 1 to March 31 the following year). *If the need for the project is acknowledged, plans that continue over a year are also eligible for the program but at a maximum of three years. Applications must be submitted and screened every year.
- Applicants must have a bank account capable of accepting grants from the Japan Foundation, Bangkok. A bank account may also be opened before remittance. In case the bank account is the account of individual, certified letter will have to be submitted to state the relationship between applicant organization and individual.
For more information, visit https://www.jfbkk.or.th/th/%e0%b8%97%e0%b8%b8%e0%b8%99%e0%b8%aa%e0%b8%99%e0%b8%b1%e0%b8%9a%e0%b8%aa%e0%b8%99%e0%b8%b8%e0%b8%99/jfbkk-small-grant-progrm-th/