The Caribbean Vulnerable Communities Coalition (CVC) through funding provided by the MAC AIDS Fund through the Tides Foundation is seeking proposals from organizations in the Bahamas, the OECS countries, Barbados, Haiti and the Dominican Republic working in the area of HIV with Key Populations.
This project provides a unique opportunity to institutionalize partnerships between civil society and governments to achieve and sustain effective programs that meet the needs of key populations (KPs) and diminish the HIV epidemic.
- Each organization may apply for an award of a maximum of US$5,000 to support project-related costs for up to six (6) months.
- Allocation for salaries, stipends, incentives, and overheads should not exceed 40% of the total budget for the grant.
Funding Priorities and Areas of Interest
- As part of this project, CVC is pleased to announce funding for small grants to support documenting strategic human rights information, especially around GBV and HIV/AIDS using the shared incidents database and related support services. The ultimate outcome of this call is to increase the documentation of human rights violations and gender-based violence by marginalized and vulnerable rights-holders, including women and girls.
- CVC will support grant applications which fall under the following general areas:
- Support for data entry of incidents of human rights violations and GBV into SID
- Advocacy initiatives to address reporting on human rights violations and GBV, which includes but not limited to awareness building, key stakeholder sensitization sessions
- Support to facilitate redress
- Support for costs directly related to the human rights violation documentation and support services.
- Non-governmental or community-based organizations in the Bahamas, Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia & St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Haiti and the Dominican Republic working in the areas of HIV and Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
For more information, visit https://www.cvccoalition.org/blog/call-title-small-grants-support-documentation-human-rights-violations-and-gender-based-violence