The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges (MFMC) has launched application for its Small & Large Grants Program to support communication projects which advance the transition to a low carbon economy.
MFMC supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions.
The foundation’s priorities for the 2019-2023 period are to:
- encourage and support innovation in climate communication
- increase the number of voices and narratives in climate advocacy
- help strengthen social and political movements that open up for radical change
- concentrate on supporting European proposals
- The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges – small grants: it is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000, provided that the application falls within the strategic aims of MFMC.
- The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges – larger grants (step 1): The foundation is looking for projects above EUR 10,000 – typically in the range of €20,000 to €200,000, although larger projects may be considered. The foundation will only consider applications that clearly fall under its strategy.
The Minor foundation supports communication projects that:
- aim to reduce GHG emissions in line with the urgent transformation required
- lead to policy or behavioural change among decisionmakers or lead to changes in policies or practices in public or private institutions
- increase the public’s support for climate policy measures
- are otherwise difficult to fund
- The Foundation supports advocates of climate change mitigation. The calls for applications are open to international applicants.
For more information, visit https://unifor.no/stiftelser/the-minor-foundation-for-major-challenges/