The Netherlands has a long standing tradition of supporting human rights. The efforts reflect conviction that observance of human rights will lead to a more stable and prosperous world.
Through the embassies, contributions are made to strengthen the capacity of local NGOs and to implement their projects. The Embassy primarily seeks to partner with local organizations working in one of the following areas:
- Equal rights for women, focused on political participation and prevention of violence against women;
- Freedom of Religion and Belief;
- Equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTI);
- Freedom of Expression.
- Given India’s vast geography, organizations operating in any the states of India can apply.
- The project must aim to improve/ contribute to at least one of the abovementioned focus areas.
- The applicant should preferably be a local organization, although Dutch and international organizations are, in principle, also eligible for funding.
- The applicant must fulfill all legal obligations under Indian law, including but not limited to the new regulations under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). The selected proposals of the local organizations will only be funded if they can furnish a valid FCRA license.
- Applications can only be submitted in English, and in the format (application form). Applications which do not adhere to the word limit will not be considered.
- Applicant must submit a clear budget proposal with breakdown along with the project proposal. Project proposals without a budget proposal will not be considered.
- Applicant must explicitly mention the purpose, activities, expected goals and results of their project and the budget allocation per activity in the proposal.
Projects that are not eligible for funding under the SSSP are the following:
- Humanitarian aid;
- Activities that are primarily motivated by a commercial interest;
- Projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. feasibility studies, research, etc.
- Projects that exclusively or largely include the delivery of goods or materials;
- Infrastructural or construction projects;
- Activities replicating the previous projects.
For more information, visit https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-country-and-the-netherlands/india/and-the-netherlands/small-scale-support-program