The Souter Charitable Trust Grant Program is now open to assist projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in the UK and overseas – particularly, but not exclusively, those promoting spiritual welfare.
The Souter Charitable Trust supports projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in all its aspects in the UK and overseas – especially, but not exclusively, those with a Christian emphasis and ethos.
- Whilst there are no minimum or maximum amounts given an average grant would be a small one off in the region of £1,000 – £3,000.
- Grants are restricted to UK registered charities only.
- Current legislation does not permit the trustees to give direct grants to overseas organizations as they are unable to carry out the due diligence required of them.
- Small grants may be awarded for gap year / short-term projects which extend to at least one calendar year.
- All projects for capital building and renovation works are specifically excluded from funding.
- The personal health and educational needs of individuals are not normally funded.
- No application forms are required. To make an application, apply in writing to Souter Charitable Trust.
- Re-application for a grant is permitted, but only after one calendar year has elapsed.
- The trustees generally meet once a month and all applications, whether successful or not, are acknowledged in due course.
For more information, visit https://www.soutercharitabletrust.org.uk/guidelines