Deadline: 7 Aug 2020
SPIDER issues an open call for organisations working with Socio Economic empowerment of marginalised groups that are interested in applying ICT to their work.
SPIDER will team you up with a technical organisation to adapt, develop or make use of an existing ICT solution relevant to your work. The proposed project could be related to SPIDER programme areas, with the primary focus on economic empowerment using ICT.
ICT achieving results
- The technology used may be traditional and/or new, and may consist of a variety of hardware/software and will be developed in accordance with the principles for digital development.
- Applicants must show previous results/envisioned results working with vulnerable groups in similar settings.
Focus that goes across SPIDER thematic areas:
- Rights based approach;
- Social realities;
- Increased access to ICT;
- A maximum of 100 000 SEK can be applied for per project.
- The duration of these projects will be short, they must end by 31 December 2020.
- All project funding will be audited and organisations should be prepared to provide transparent and detailed financial records to SPIDER.
SPIDER doesn’t support
- Projects submitted by individuals
- Pure infrastructure deployment projects
- Projects that are focused on purchasing standalone equipment (equipment that is part of the project and necessary to produce the results are welcomed)
- Projects that have already started or requests for core funding
- SPIDER will grant funds to local civil society organisations that have identified a problem and are willing to apply ICT to solve it.
- Selected organisations will be matched with an organisation with technical expertise to adapt, develop or make use of an existing ICT solution to address the identified problem.
- SPIDER will accept applications from organisations in the following countries:
- Applications that exceed the page limit will be rejected.
- Concept notes not entirely filled out will be considered incomplete and rejected
- The application must be written in English
- Font should be Times New Roman (or equivalent), size 10 minimum
- SPIDER will not accept hand-written applications
- Applications received after the deadline will be rejected
For more information, visit https://spidercenter.org/open-call-icts-for-socioeconomic-empowerment/