St.George Foundation is seeking applications for the Bushfire Assistance Grants to support eligible charities and local community organisations with projects that will aid in long-term recovery efforts for bushfire-affected communities that focus on assisting children and young people.
St.George Foundation is committed to extending our support to communities who have experienced devastating losses as a result of Australia’s 2019-2020 bushfire emergency.
In determining your amount requested, please consider that the Governors aim to support as many communities as possible. It is recommended that applicants apply for $20,000 to $50,000 per project, however all eligible funding requests will be considered. Total funding available is up to $500,000 at the discretion of Governors.
What they do fund?
- Projects to help rebuild communities that have suffered losses during the bushfires, including:
- Physical repairs to properties affected by fires.
- Assistance packages to bushfire impacted families.
- Continuation of community services where they have been prevented from operating or relocated due to fires.
- Recreational and respite programs to bushfire-affected communities.
- Counseling and therapy to communities due to experiences of fires.
- Medical equipment to aid in recovery for injuries sustained during bushfires; and
- Other applications deemed suitable by Governors at their discretion, to assist in bushfire recovery.
To be eligible for funding your organization will:
- Be located in Australia.
- Be directly assisting communities that have experienced losses as a result of the 2019/2020 bushfires.
- Provide recent, audited financial statements that have been signed by the auditor.
- Be endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (but not another ancillary fund). Deductible Gift Recipients must be listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30–15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1997; and
- For St. George Foundation: Address projects that assist children and young people.
- For Bank of Melbourne Foundation and Banks Foundation: Address projects that assist neighborhoods and communities.
For more information, visit https://www.stgeorgefoundation.com.au/apply/bushfire-assistance-grant-guidelines