Applicants are now invited to submit applications for the Hyde and Watson Foundation 2020 Grant program.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- The Foundation supports capital projects such as hard costs related to the construction or purchase of new facilities, building renovations and improvements, purchase of capital equipment and furnishings, and other one-time capital needs.
- Broad fields of support include education, social services, arts, health, religion, and humanities. The current geographic areas of grant support are primarily the five boroughs of New York City, and Essex, Morris, and Union Counties in New Jersey.
- In recent years, most grant awards have ranged from $5,000 to $15,000.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The Foundation only gives grants to nonprofit organizations with a valid tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and which are classified as public charities and not “private foundations” under Sections 509(a)(1) or (2) of the code.
- Organizations must be in compliance with all mandatory Federal and State Tax and filing requirements.
- In general, the Foundation does not accept applications for endowment, operating support, benefit fundraisers, annual fund appeals, or from fiscal agents.
- Grants will not be made for leases or rentals of equipment. Grants are not made to individuals, or for projects outside the United States of America.
- Grant Application Form (entered online).
- A brief narrative (no longer than three pages in length), signed by an authorized official, summarizing the background of the organization and constituency served, the purpose of the appeal, anticipated time frame for the project, and how the equipment/capital improvement will benefit the organization.
- A project budget with line items.
- An operating budget for the current fiscal year.
- A list of corporate and foundation supporters for the most recent fiscal year.
- A list of the Board of Directors/Trustees and their business affiliations.
- An audited financial report for the most recent fiscal year. (If an audit is not performed, the most recent Form 990 will be accepted.)
- A copy of the organization’s Annual Report (optional).
- A copy of the organization’s most recent 501(c)(3) and 509(a) IRS ruling letter(s).
For more information, visit http://fdnweb.org/hydeandwatson/application-procedures/
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.