The International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) Foundation is accepting applications for its 2021 Humanitarian Aid Program that provides grant funding for humanitarian organizations across the globe that use the power of aviation to help save lives, promote human welfare and alleviate suffering.
- Through the Humanitarian Aid Program, the ISTAT Foundation seeks to provide up to US$10,000 grant funding for humanitarian organizations.
- Organizations registered as a charitable, nongovernmental entity focusing on aviation-related humanitarian prevention, relief and/or recovery efforts for:
- Natural disasters (drought, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, etc.);
- Human-generated disasters (conflict, social, industrial/transport accidents, etc.); or
- Health-related crises.
- Other Considerations:
- This year, the Humanitarian Committee will prioritize programs or projects (1) with a geographic focus in developing or under-resourced regions, (2) with innovations in Environmental Impact (ESG), or (3) in areas of urban mobility such as the “last-mile” provision in disaster relief.
- Organizations can only submit one application per year. Prior year recipients are able to apply in subsequent years.
- Umbrella organizations can only apply for a humanitarian aid grant if the proposed program or project is implemented by the umbrella organization itself.
- The program does not fund capital infrastructure, for-profit projects, religious or political activities.
- As a point of reference, in 2020, the average humanitarian grant was valued at US$7,800.
- Application materials must be submitted in English.
For more information, visit https://foundation.istat.org/Programs/Humanitarian-Aid