The Road Safety Fund is funded by Avon and Somerset Police to help community programmes prevent injuries caused by road traffic incidents.
The Fund aims to:
- improve road safety in local communities to reduce accidents and casualty figures.
- provide better education and training for children, young people, learners and inexperienced drivers.
- reduce the economic and the personal costs of fatalities and serious injuries.
- Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
What is not covered?
- Expeditions or trips
- Replacement of statutory funding or salaries
- Bursaries or scholarships
- Projects outside the Avon and Somerset area
- Low priority building costs
- Projects that should be funded by other authorities
- Further applications within a period of three years
- The fund is open to local community and voluntary organisations in the Avon and Somerset police force area.
For more information, visit https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/apply/police-community-trust/road-safety-fund/