The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Mission in Ethiopia (USAID/Ethiopia) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Surveillance for Malaria Elimination (S4ME) Activity.
- Enhance woreda level malaria surveillance systems, including health facilities and community platforms, to detect all malaria cases in the woreda occurring in public and private health facilities, and where applicable in refugees, IDPs and temporary residents, to immediately notify, investigate, respond timely and effectively for malaria elimination.
- Improve capacity of selected woredas and catchment health facilities with corresponding zones, regions and national levels to plan, coordinate, implement, manage, intensify, and sustain malaria elimination efforts. This includes the ability to have an early warning system for detecting the timing and location of malaria epidemics.
- Support implementation of evidence-based high-quality malaria elimination interventions in selected woredas, where gaps in coverage or quality may exist.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted.
- Cost Sharing is not required for this activity, though it is encouraged, and the use of cost share funds may lead to a program with greater impact.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=334947