The U.S. Embassy Dushanbe Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available to mark the 30th Anniversary of U.S.-Tajik relations through a competition among professional and amateur musicians to cover American songs.
This program increases the exposure of Tajik audiences to American music and celebrates the many joint projects and partnerships in U.S.-Tajik relations over the past 30 years.
Increased exposure of American music among the Tajik population and increased knowledge about the 30 years of positive U.S.-Tajik relations.
Each project should achieve the following objectives:
- Increase knowledge of American music and notoriety of the participating musicians through campaigns, videos, performances, and recordings shared online and through traditional media such as radio and television.
- Increase performances of American music in Tajikistan by organizing a tour for the winning musicians around selected cities.
- Increase the affinity for American music and culture among participants in the contest and their audiences online and in-person
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $40,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $15,000
- Length of Project Period: 4 months
- Anticipated program start date: December 22, 2021
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- For this announcement, only Tajikistan-based organizations are eligible to apply.
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, nongovernmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- In order to be eligible to receive an award, all organizations must have a unique entity identifier (Data Universal Numbering System/DUNS number from Dun & Bradstreet), as well as a valid registration on www.SAM.gov.
- Cost sharing or matching is not required for this funding opportunity.
- Pre-award costs are not an allowable expense for this funding opportunity.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=336454