(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The twenty eight prioritized thematic areas of research are, as presented below, in three categories:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Category 1: Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation
- Thematic Area 1 – Agriculture and Food Security
- Thematic Area 2 – Health and Social Welfare
- Thematic Area 3 – Transport
- Thematic Area 4 – Power and Energy
- Thematic Area 5 – IT, Computing & Telecommunications
- Thematic Area 6 – Space Science and Technology
- Thematic Area 7 – Geosciences
- Thematic Area 8 – Science and Engineering
- Thematic Area 9 – Water & Sanitation
- Thematic Area 10 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Thematic Area 11 – Sustainable use of Natural Resources and Terrestrial Ecosystems
- Category 2: Humanities and Social Sciences
- Thematic Area 12 – National Integration, Conflict, Defence and Security
- Thematic Area 13 – Education and Human Capital
- Thematic Area 14 – Economic Development and Globalization
- Thematic Area 15 – History, Culture and Identities
- Thematic Area 16 – Languages, Literatures and Media
- Thematic Area 17 – Social Development and Welfare
- Thematic Area 18 – Population and Migration
- Thematic Area 19 – Governance, Politics, law and Ethics
- Thematic Area 20 – Tourism, Sports and Recreation
- Thematic Area 21 – Gender, Equity and Social Inclusion
- Thematic Area 22 – Humanities, Social Sciences, Technology and Business Interface
- Category 3: Cross-Cutting
- Thematic Area 23 – Entrepreneurship & Wealth Creation
- Thematic Area 24 – Environment, Housing & Urban and Regional Development
- Thematic Area 25 – Resource Governance hematic Area 26 – Science, Technology and Innovation System Management
- Thematic Area 27 – Blue Economy
- Thematic Area 28 – Clean and Affordable Energy
- Lecturers in any of public universities, polytechnics and colleges of education in Nigeria are eligible. Multi-Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary research projects, comprising researchers from various disciplines, are most highly encouraged.
- The Principal Investigator (PI), who must preferably be of professorial cadre in a university, chief lecturer in a polytechnic or college of education, will lead the research team and be personally responsible and held accountable for the conduct of the research. An added requirement is that the PI must be institution based, with the PI’s institution regarded as the Coordinating Institution. However, in line with the approval of Board of Trustees (BOT) of TETFund, additional members of the research team can be drawn from researchers in private tertiary institutions, research institutes, Centres of Excellence and the industry. This is consistent with the global best practice of involving non-governmental organizations and other non-state actors in research projects that are to address national needs.
For more information, visit https://www.tetfund.gov.ng/index.php/news-media/news/377-tetfund-national-research-fund-nrf-2020-grants-cycle-call-for-concept-notes-3
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.