The Get Grounded Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program to provide one-year community grants for new, innovative and entrepreneurial programs or projects within an existing, qualified nonprofit that directly supports the healthy development of at-risk youth in the Denver metro area.
GroundFloor Media (GFM) was started in the basement of their founder’s home on the simple premise that when it comes to great ideas, everything truly begins “on the ground floor.”
Their community giving program is no exception. They spent 14 years building a solid organization, and in 2015 they formalized their commitment to the community with the establishment of their primary charitable giving arm: the Get Grounded Foundation.
They have a long giving history that has focused on three primary categories:
- Grant awards for a 12-month period are expected to range in size from $2,500 to $5,000, however, the committee will consider grants of up to $10,000.
Overall, The Get Grounded Foundation seeks to:
- Support new, innovative and entrepreneurial programs that support the healthy development of atrisk or neglected youth between the ages of 3 and 15 (previous grantees are eligible to apply for funding if they can demonstrate that additional support would further strengthen their program that was launched with an initial grant from the Get Grounded Foundation.)
- Collaborate with other like-minded organizations that support the healthy development of at-risk or neglected youth, as well as openly convey “lessons learned”
- Grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations that are launching a new, innovative and entrepreneurial program or project within an existing, qualified nonprofit that directly supports the healthy development of at-risk youth.
- Grants are typically only awarded to nonprofit organizations whose local annual operating budget is between $250,000 and $5 million. However, in some instances, an exception will be made.
- The Get Grounded Foundation will consider awarding grants to local chapters of national organizations that are not a separate 501(c)(3).
For more information, visit https://foundation.groundfloormedia.com/