The Hedley Foundation is accepting applications for its Grant Program.
The Hedley Foundation is an endowed grant giving charitable foundation which supports small to medium sized UK registered charities operating across the spectrum of social need.
The Trustees seek to help and improve the quality of life of people in the UK, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds. This is achieved by making grants, within budget, to registered charities for the benefit of young people, disabled people, elderly people, the terminally ill and otherwise disadvantaged people and their carers.
Grants of up to £5,000 are regularly made and occasional larger sums are given to charities where high impact can be achieved. Similarly, smaller charities often benefit from smaller grants of £250 upwards.
Who they Support?
Social welfare lies at the heart of The Hedley Foundation’s activities. In the last 12 months, The Foundation made grants to 250 small charities. The following categories of funding are supported by The Foundation:
- Youth Support
- Projects which raise the aspirations or help to realize the full potential of disadvantaged young people. Typically, grants are made to broaden the horizons of young people through sport, adventurous activities, education, the arts, training or sustainable employment. These might include youth engagement initiatives that help counter anti-social behaviors within their communities and activities that help to keep young people away from the Criminal Justice System.
- Disabled Support
- Projects to improve the quality of life of people of all ages with physical and mental disabilities, sensory impairment and learning difficulties.
- Supporting the Elderly and Terminally Ill
- Projects to help elderly people to maintain a level of independence and projects to support those in the closing stage of life, in hospices or hospitals.
- Miscellaneous Support
- Projects to support carers, homeless people, ex-offenders and those about to leave custody.
- They award grants to those charities that are able to demonstrate quantifiable outcomes to beneficiaries.
- You should meet the following criteria:
- You are a small- to mid-size UK registered charity
- Your application is not for salaries, building construction, general running costs, transport, financial deficits or overseas projects
- Your application is not on behalf of a church, museum or an individual
- You have not received a previous grant from The Foundation within the last 18 months (or submitted an application which was unsuccessful within the last 6 months)
For more information, visit http://www.hedleyfoundation.org.uk/apply-now