The Fund will prioritize women-led, community-based organizations that work on the Fund’s main thematic areas of gender-based violence and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Resilience Fund will prioritize those organizations that meet their definition of women-led: “a woman CEO or director and at least 50% of senior leadership are women.” Organizations that do not meet that definition will need to demonstrate their commitment to gender equity in their leadership and indicate how they plan to increase women’s leadership over the course of the grant period. The term “women” includes women in all their diversities.
This includes women with disabilities, those who are of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities, women of color, indigenous women, women of oppressed castes, younger and older women, or those who are affected by racism, or poverty, or those who are migrants, and women in other marginalized groups.
- The funding range for grants is between $25,000 – $50,000 USD total per organization, which will be disbursed over a two-year period and cannot exceed the organization’s one year budget for 2019, 2020 or 2021.
- For example, if your annual budget is:
- $25,000 USD…you can request up to a $25,000 grant over two years;
- $50,000 USD…you can request up to $50,000 over two years.
- Organizations with annual budgets of more than $50,000 USD may also apply for funding, however, the Fund’s priority is to support smaller grassroots and women-led organizations. No organization will receive a grant more than $50,000 USD total over two years.
- Funding will be prioritized for women’s funds and women-led community-based organizations that work on the Resilience Fund’s main thematic areas of gender-based violence and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights in India and Bangladesh.
- Non-profit organizations with an annual budget of at least $25,000 USD may apply for a two-year grant. Budget figures from 2019, 2020 or 2021 will be used as the baseline for determining eligibility.
For more information, visit https://www.resiliencefundforwomen.org/apply