The Williams Family Fund is now open for applications to support children & young people in Yorkshire.
The family want to create lasting impact and change for children and young people, particularly those who have experienced adversity in their lives.
- The fund will focus on supporting charitable activity for the direct wellbeing of children, young people and their families in York, North Yorkshire, Hull, East Yorkshire and Doncaster based on addressing the following:
- Children in or coming out of care
- Young carers
- Children and families affected by fostering and/or adoption
- Children living in poverty
- Increasing opportunities for children and young people
- Social care
- Providing the digital infrastructure and other support to enable children and young people to access education and other activity that promotes learning
- Grants are available up to £10,000.
- The amount applied for can be used to cover activity costs for up to 2 years. For example you may apply for £10,000 for a project lasting 12 months or you may apply for £10,000 for a project lasting 24 months.
- Funds will be used to support project activity that supports the priorities. Examples of types of projects that could be supported include:
- Providing digital infrastructure & other support to enable children and young people to access education, training and other activity that promotes and supports their learning and growth.
- Resourcing activities that support children and young people to learn and develop.
- Support to parents to enhance their parenting skills.
- Applications will be accepted from:-
- Constituted voluntary and community groups
- Registered charities
- Social enterprises
- Community interest companies
- Schools (provided that the purpose of the grant falls outside of the schools usual curricular activities. The income turnover limit does not apply in this case)
- General appeals or sponsorship.
- Work which has already started or taken place.
- Work normally funded from statutory sources.
- Work undertaken by/ on behalf of schools, colleges or universities as part of their statutory curricular activities.
For more information, visit https://www.tworidingscf.org.uk/fund/the-williams-family-fund/