The Third Sector Homelessness Fund is open to applications. The Third Sector Homelessness Fund is a £3m fund from the Scottish Government for third sector organisations on the frontline of delivering homelessness services in Scotland.
The purpose of the Third Sector Homelessness Fund is to support third sector organisations to innovate and transform the services they provide to people in line with the Scottish Government’s updated Ending Homelessness Together Action Plan and Local Authorities’ Rapid Rehousing Transitions Plans (RRTPs).
The Third Sector Homelessness Fund will aim to:
- Support the programme of systematic transformational change set out in the Ending Homelessness Together High-Level Action Plan
- Support third sector organizations as they adapt to the transition those local authorities are undertaking to a rapid rehousing model.
- Build cross sector collaboration between third sector organizations, local authorities and other statutory services.
- Trial different and innovative approaches to service delivery.
- Ensure that programmes are well evaluated and that learning from successful approaches is shared amongst stakeholders in the homelessness sector.
- The total value of the fund is up to £3m.
- An organization may apply for up to two grants (1 single-year and 1 two-year).
- There is no minimum or maximum amount that an organization may apply for. As a broad guideline, the fund anticipates applications between £20,000 and £100,000 per annum for two-year projects, and £20,000 to £75,000 for one year projects.
- Grants will be paid by Scottish Government quarterly in arrears.
- To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must be a Scottish Registered Charity and must also have a “legal personality”, meaning it is legally constituted and can enter into a contract. Being a Scottish Registered Charity means being registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) and having a Scottish Charity number. Examples of legal personalities include Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organizations (SCIOs) and registered companies. Unincorporated organizations, even with charitable status, are not eligible to apply. Community Interest Companies have a legal personality but are not Scottish Registered Charities and are therefore not eligible to apply for this funding.
- Please note: Residential Social Landlords (RSLs) and Housing Associations are not eligible to apply for this fund.
For more information, visit https://www.corra.scot/grants/third-sector-homelessness-fund/