Thomas Wall Trust is inviting applications from Registered Charities for its grants program to support people with an emphasis on building confidence, knowledge and skills, and therefore increasing prospects of employment.
- Match funded projects;
- Charities that can provide compelling evidence of impact;
- Charities working with collaborative networks;
- Self-sustainable projects, with a view to becoming less reliant on grants in the future.
- The Trust offer grants up to £5,000 towards specific projects or core activities that support literacy, numeracy, digital and additional skills for learning that are likely to assist employment prospects.
- If successful, you will be notified in writing along with the terms and conditions of the grant, end of year monitoring form (we will also accept a charity’s own project report) and a cheque made payable to the charity.
- Failure to keep the Trust up to date with any changes made during the grant period, or submitting monitoring information will prevent the charity from applying for future grants.
The Trust does NOT fund:
- Organisations with political, lobbying or proselytizing objectives;
- Capital costs (the purchase of land, buildings, construction);
- Charities that operate outside of the UK;
- Subsidiaries, ‘off shoots’ or franchises of larger charities.
- A UK charity that has been registered with the Charity Commission for at least 3 years;
- A project or running costs for a charity that equips people (aged 11 and over) with the skills ready for employment;
- Annual repeat funding for up to 3 years – subject to satisfactory annual reviews of progress and impact;
- The charity’s annual turnover does not exceed £500,000.
How to Apply?
The application process is divided into two stages:
- Stage one is to complete the Expression of Interest form where you will be asked to complete some basic contact details and a short description of what you require funding for.
- If successful, you will be invited to Stage two – a more in-depth application form. Applicants will also be asked to submit a Project Plan (template available to download if you wish), budget, latest set of financial accounts and any relevant policies.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
For more information, visit https://www.thomaswalltrust.org.uk/grants-for-registered-charities-2/