The Creative New Zealand is seeking applications for its Matauranga Maori Te Awe Kotuku Fund 2021 to supports marae, hapu, iwi, whakapapa-based groups and matawaka to protect, cultivate and retain matauranga Maori related to heritage nga toi Maori (Maori arts) and foster their distinctive arts and cultural practices.
- The Toi Ake-Matauranga Maori Te Awe Kotuku Fund 2021 offers short-term project funding. The fund is for emerging and established Maori artists, arts practitioners and Maori-led arts organizations (including groups and collectives) to support marae, hapu, iwi, whakapapa-based groups and matawaka to protect, cultivate and retain Maori education related to heritage nga toi Maori (Maori arts) and foster their distinctive arts and cultural practices. Contemporary nga toi Maori projects can be submitted but your proposal must show how matauranga toi will be protected, cultivated and retained through the initiative.
- Amount: $5,000 to $75,000
What they fund?
- Toi Ake – Matauranga Maori Te Awe Kotuku Fund projects must support the protection, retention and cultivation of matauranga Maori related to the Maori arts.
- To apply for the Toi Ake – Matauranga Maori Te Awe Kotuku Fund, you must be:
- Tangata Whenua Maori, or your proposed project must be managed or directed by Maori
- a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident (each individual).
- New Zealand-based organisations can apply but the organisation must be Maori-led. If an organisation is applying for funding on behalf of an individual, that person must also be Maori. International Maori-led arts organisations can apply but the application must show direct benefit to New Zealand arts.
For more information, visit https://www.creativenz.govt.nz/find-funding/funds/toi-ake