Applications are now open for the Towards Zero Quick Response Grants to improve or promote road safety in their local communities and organizations.
- The Towards Zero Road Safety Grants Program is an initiative in the Northern Territory Road Safety Action Plan 2018-22 and aims to:
- provide an opportunity for community groups to develop and implement projects that target local road safety concerns;
- encourage greater community involvement in road safety; and
- empower people and build capacity in the communities.
- The intention of this Program is to fund community projects designed:
- to change or encourage responsible community behaviours and cultures, and
- support activities that raise awareness of road safety issues and promote safe road user behaviours.
All grants must be linked to at least one of the priority areas from the NT Towards Zero Road Safety Action Plan 2018-22:
- Overarching actions
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Seatbelts and child restraints
- Safer road use
- Roads and Roadsides
- Safer vehicles
- Aboriginal People
- Novice Drivers
- Visiting Drivers
Quick Response Grants of up to $1,000 are available for activities and events occurring during the 2020 and 2021 financial year.
- Funding is available to individuals and not for profit organisations.
- Types of individiuals that are eligible to apply for funding include
- An individual must have an administrating body that is incorporated under the Act that is willing to accept responsibilty for administration, reporting and acquittal of the grant on the individual’s behalf.
- To be eligible for funding an organisation must
- be operating as a not for profit organisation
- be incorporated under and compliant with one of: the Associations Act (NT), the Corporations Act 2001, the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act (Commonwealth), any other Act of Parliament
- be physically located and actively operating in the NT. If your organisation is physically located and actively operating outside of the NT you must partner with an NT organization
To be eligible for funding an organisation must not be operating as a for profit organization.
For more information, visit https://grantsnt.nt.gov.au/grants/towards-zero-quick-response-grants-2021-22