The U.S. Embassy Abuja Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for individuals and organizations to submit program proposals to support Nigeria’s response to the ongoing instability in the North West and North Central regions.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- PAS seeks to award a limited number of grants to individuals, educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations that are actively working to support the Nigerian government’s community outreach efforts towards fostering inter-communal and interfaith dialogue, establishing forums for constructive advocacy and conflict resolution, early warning mechanisms, and/or amplifying government’s security efforts in under served areas.
- PAS will prioritize grant program proposals that protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to prevent and counter violent extremism, mitigate rural violence and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- This funding will prioritize individuals and organizations that have already commenced projects, can demonstrate capacity to manage programming, and have clear records of achievement. Humanitarian assistance, social welfare and construction are not allowed under this funding instrument. Projects must be safe and follow current healthcare regulations. Applicants are permitted to submit only one proposal per individual/organization.
Participants and Audiences
- The funding is intended to target the root cause of violence in the region through grassroots efforts that encourage participation from youth, women, religious leaders/credible voices and the security apparatus.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Nigeria’s North West and North Central regions
- Awards may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $50,000.00
- Length of performance period: Six (6) months to Twelve (12) months
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327952
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.