The U.S. State Department’s Human Rights Engagement Fund has announced a grant opportunity for Maltese-based individuals and organizations, including non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government entities and academic institutions.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Program Goals and Objectives
Funding will support public diplomacy programs that:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Foster democracy;
- Promote human rights;
- Support labor efforts; and/or
- Fight corruption.
Projects should focus on one or more of the goals outlined below:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Enhancing global stability by promoting growth of democratic institutions, including during democratic transitions, around the world.
- Increasing respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Promoting internationally recognized worker rights and acceptable conditions of work abroad.
- Commercial diplomacy.
- Empowerment of women and minorities.
- Rule of Law.
- Award amounts: Awards may range from approximately $500 to approximately $5,000
- Program Performance Period: Proposed programs must begin by December 31, 2020. Program length can vary.
Program Participants and Target Audiences
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Maltese-based individuals and organizations, including non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government entities and academic institutions, are eligible to apply. The target audiences for the program will be government officials, media, academia, local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), labor unions, entrepreneurs, women, and refugees/asylum seekers.
- This program will not address U.S. audiences nor will engage in domestic discussions of United States policy. Therefore, no activities supported under this scope of work shall be directed toward U.S. persons. Any such engagement, if determined to have been intentional, will constitute grounds for termination of this award.
- Applications are encouraged from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, NGOs, academic institutions, government entities, and individuals.
- Applicants must be based in Malta, have a Malta-based headquarters, or identify a Malta-based partner to carry out their project.
For more information, visit https://mt.usembassy.gov/grant-opportunity-the-human-rights-engagement-fund/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.