- The maximum amount of each grant is $10,000 for organizations and $5000 for individuals, and projects with local cost-sharing will be given preference. All grants are subject to the availability of funds from the U.S. Department of State, and any costs and expenses incurred prior to receipt of grant money will not be reimbursed by the U.S. Embassy. Project duration may not exceed 12 months.
- projects that are inherently political in nature or that contain the appearance of partisanship/support to individual or single party electoral campaigns
- exchange programs
- social welfare projects
- projects that support specific religious activities
- trade activities; fundraising campaigns; commercial projects; scientific research; construction projects; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development of the organization itself
- travel to the United States for conferences, scientific research, studies, reporting tours, cultural events, etc.
- ongoing salary costs of organization staff
- office equipment
- completing activities begun with other funds
- food and drink beyond the cost of coffee breaks and working lunches (alcohol cannot be funded at all)
- fees for project coordination may be included but should not exceed 20% of the total amount of the grant
- Grants will be awarded to local representatives of Polish non-governmental organizations, cultural or educational institutions, media, and individuals whose proposals support the topics listed below.
- Organizations may apply for up to $10,000 and individuals may apply for up to $5000.
- All grantees must have a non-profit status.
- One application per organization or individual. Organizations which currently have an open grant from the Embassy should not apply.
- NGOs and individuals from the United States may apply, but should present evidence of a relationship with a local partner operating in Poland in their proposals.
- In order to receive a grant, all organizations (not individuals) must have a DUNS number and a valid SAM.gov registration
For more information, visit https://pl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grants/