Purpose of Small Grants: PAS Guatemala invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural, educational, professional, and/or scientific ties between the United States and Guatemala through cultural, educational, and/or exchange programming that highlights our shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural or educational element, or connection with American expert(s), organization(s), or institution(s) in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
- Maximum for Each Award: $25,000.00
Examples of projects that may be eligible to receive funding through the PAS Small Grants Program include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, workshops, and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions;
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs;
- Professional or academic exchanges and programs.
All proposed activities must take place in Guatemala. Virtual programs that focus on Guatemalan audiences will also be considered. Proposed activities must support at least one of the following Embassy goals:
- Reduce irregular migration to the United States;
- Expand good governance;
- Improve citizen prosperity;
- Increase citizen security;
- Improve export and investment opportunities for U.S. firms.
Activities that address one of the following specific themes are especially of interest; however, other themes that support one or more of the goals listed above will also be considered:
- Promote citizen participation in a democracy;
- Combat corruption and impunity;
- Promote entrepreneurship, innovation, and STEM;
- Promote gender equity;
- Promote social inclusion of marginalized populations;
- Increase educational linkages with institutions in the United States.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Guatemalan:
- NOTE: For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://gt.usembassy.gov/education-culture/notice-of-funding-opportunity/notice-of-funding-opportunity-dos-gua-fy19-01/