The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade has announced this funding opportunity to strengthen or establish academic partnerships between Serbian and American institutions of higher learning.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- The university partnership proposal should support the U.S. Embassy’s overall objectives in Serbia. Broadly speaking, they are trying to assist the Serbian people to: strengthen democracy, rule of law, and the protection human rights; help fight brain drain and advance the country’s further economic development; promote regional stability and cooperation; cooperate with international partners to combat crime, terrorism, human trafficking, and other global challenges; and make further progress towards Serbia’s accession into the European Union. The Embassy also strive to explain U.S. policies, culture, society, and values to Serbian audiences and deepen ties between two countries and two peoples.
- ACADEMIC EXCHANGE: A university partnership between Serbian and U.S. institutions of higher learning could involve in-person and/or virtual exchanges involving students, faculty, and/or administrators. The main goal(s) of an academic exchange could be to provide Serbian students and their professors:
- American academic perspectives on shared areas of interest and lessons learned from the American experience in the focus subject(s);
- insights into current research and academic debates in the U.S. on the focus subject(s);
- the chance to engage in discussions and debate with their American counterparts; and/or
- the opportunity to experience and assess teaching methodologies used in American university classrooms.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Some academic fields that fit within the parameters of the U.S. Embassy’s objectives include:
- Social Sciences:
- International Affairs
- Security Studies
- Mediation, Peace, and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Regional or Area Studies: European Studies, Russia Area Studies, Asian Studies
- American Studies / African American Studies / Latino American Studies / Asian American Studies / etc.
- U.S. History
- U.S. Government and Politics
- Law and Human Rights
- Holocaust Studies
- Civics Education / Teaching of Social Studies
- Holocaust and Tolerance Education
- Special Education (for students with physical and/or learning disabilities)
- Educational Technology (incl. distance learning)
- Economics / Business, specifically:
- Agro-business and Agricultural Development
- Technology & Innovation
- e-Commerce, e-Business
- Renewable & Sustainable Energy Studies
- Tourism Management
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Award amounts: From a minimum of $40,000 to a maximum of $240,000.
- Length of performance period: 6 to 24 months.
Participants and Audiences
Participants will be Serbian and American students, professors/academics, and/or administrators.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Public universities in the Republic of Serbia;
- Accredited U.S. universities (public or private);
- Non-profit educational foundations legally registered in the United States with the demonstrated capacity to fulfill the objectives outlined in this NOFO, i.e., to set up one or more university partnership programs.
For more information, visit https://rs.usembassy.gov/university-partnership-notice-of-funding-opportunity-2020/