U.S. Embassy Bratislava, Public Affairs Section (PAS), has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for a program to train and mentor national/local government officials and civil society community leaders in the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic on best practices for preventing and countering racially/ethnically motivated violent extremism.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- organize a two-day workshop in spring 2021 (or thereafter) with the participation of 4 US speakers;
- organize pre- and post-workshop webinar discussions with workshop participants (two total);
- issue and monitor two small grants of approximately $3,750 each ($7,500 total) which will be awarded to conference participants from the Slovak Republic to conduct awareness raising campaigns/counter-messaging on racially/ethnically motivated violent extremism;
- facilitate a post-workshop visit of four days/three nights by Strong Cities Network staff to the Slovak Republic;
- facilitate round-trip international airfare for up to 10 workshop participants from the Slovak Republic to visit the United States in fall 2021 (or thereafter) on a State Department exchange; and
- provide guidance to local and national government officials in the Slovak Republic on addressing violent extremist messaging online.
The awardee will be asked to arrange a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the London-based Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD), which manages the Strong Cities Network, to work with them as a sub-awardee to organize the conference and follow-on activities (budget estimate: $18,000).
- Raise awareness among local and national government officials and community leaders about the spread of hateful and intolerant ideologies by racially/ethnically motivated violent extremists, including via propaganda imported from third countries.
- Encourage local government officials to work with community leaders and national government officials to actively counter hateful and intolerant ideologies.
- Encourage local government officials to share best practices and lessons learned on countering racially/ethnically motivated violent extremism with counterparts from third countries, including via the Strong Cities Network.
- Total available funding: $100,000
- Length of performance period: 15 months
- Anticipated program start date: October 1, 2020
Priority Region: Slovak Republic, Czech Republic
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Participants and Audiences: national/local officials and community leaders
- Not-for-profit organizations registered in Slovakia, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations.
For more information, visit https://sk.usembassy.gov/u-s-embassy-bratislava-pas-countering-extremism-program/
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.