The U.S. Embassy in Sweden is seeking applications for its Small Grants Program to support artistic, academic, and other activities with a connection to American culture or values when such support is of mutual interest to both the requesting organization and the Embassy.
The U.S. Embassy in Stockholm invites applications covering a range of areas, especially in the following areas (in no particular order):
- Addressing global security challenges
- Engaging Swedes on Arctic issues, with a focus on youth, entrepreneurship, technology, and indigenous communities
- Programs and outreach activities highlighting shared values, democracy, and human rights, such as promoting diversity and inclusion
- Addressing climate change and changing environmental conditions
- Promoting economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, and innovation
Embassy Small Grants Cannot Fund
- Please note that Embassy grants Cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity or for fundraising campaigns; charitable activities; humanitarian aid; commercial projects; individual academic research; construction projects; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development and operational costs of the organization. The Embassy also cannot give grants to commercial firms/ for-profit firms.
- The Embassy encourages the submission of unique and creative proposals from a wide variety of sources.
- Applicants may be not-for-profit organizations/associations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations; educational institutions; individuals; and foreign public entities.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to institutions and individuals with a proven track record of executing superior events, workshops and programs.
- Applications should have an American component. Projects which incorporate an American speaker, artist, performer, author, etc., are often considered stronger.
- Projects where organizations share the costs of the program are also considered stronger applications.
For more information, visit https://se.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/