The U.S. Embassy in Thailand announces an open competition for organizations and individuals to submit applications to carry out programs that strengthen the U.S.-Thai partnership, raise awareness about joint economic partnerships, and promote shared interests in a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
Applications should include content related to American culture, education, economy, or society or connection with an American expert, organization, or institution in order to promote U.S.-Thai mutual understanding.
Areas of Interest
- Activities to promote the sharing of U.S. culture and values with Thai populations through educational opportunities, arts and culture, and interactive learning.
- Activities to increase awareness of Thailand’s environmental interests, including the importance of water management.
- Innovative projects that educate Thais about U.S. experience in participatory democracy, dialogue, transparency, and accountability.
- Projects for Thai youth that focus on enhancing critical thinking skills and promoting civic engagement to counter disinformation and improve media/digital literacy.
- Programs designed to empower women in Thailand to achieve their full economic potential.
- Programs that provide Thai students with increased access to education and understanding of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEM/STEAM) to promote economic growth.
- Length of performance period: Up to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: Multiple
- Award amounts: Between $3,000 and $30,000
U.S. Embassy Bangkok is seeking submissions related to the topics described below:
- Shared Values
- Activities that promote and energize the U.S.-Thai partnership and that build positive perceptions of the United States among the broader Thai public, include but are not limited to those that demonstrate U.S. experience in human rights, rule of law, freedom of speech, diversity and inclusion, civic engagement, arts and culture, sports, and the empowerment of women.
- Activities that promote leadership and education about religious freedom and dialogue as a value shared by both the United States and Thailand.
- Economic Partnership
- Activities that support U.S.-Thai partnership in areas of entrepreneurship, anti-corruption, transparent business practices, and corporate social responsibility.
- Opportunities to provide Thai students with increased access to and understanding of U.S. technology.
- Activities that promote U.S.-Thai health interests, collaboration and pandemic recovery and vaccine development.
- Activities to develop independent economic projects for communities along the Mekong.
- Activities that use social media to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Indo-Pacific Vision
- Activities that deepen U.S.-Thai environmental cooperation such as technologies to reduce marine litter, debris, and air pollution and water/river management.
- Projects for youth that promote leadership, support a free and open Indo-pacific, and promote cross-border collaboration.
- Opportunities to energize the relationship between U.S. and Thai youth via modern technology, such as the creation of web applications, videos, and music projects.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, civil society organizations and non-governmental organizations;
- Public and private educational institutions;
- Governmental institutions;
- The following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Projects relating to partisan political activity;
- For profit activities;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction projects;
- Projects that support specific religious activities;
- Fundraising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or projects;
- Academic and scientific research;
- Individual exchange programs.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=330375