The Embassy of the United States in Tashkent has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to assist the Ministry of Finance of Uzbekistan in reinforcing recent progress in enhancing fiscal transparency and provide support to the government in improving the disclosure and transparency of public finance information consistent with international standards by regularizing the Ministry’s publication of budget information in a format that is easily accessible and understandable to the public.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Objective 1: Develop and disseminate future Citizens’ budgets, which are simplified versions of a budget document that use informal language and friendly formats to facilitate better understanding of the key budget elements to general audience. Citizens’ budgets are less technical and incorporate visual elements to help non-specialist readers understand information on the budget and basics of the budget process, budget execution, the draft budget, state programs, public hearings and other information.
- Objective 2: Increase public knowledge and understanding of Uzbekistan’s budget and budgetary process through public outreach.
- Objective 3: Support Uzbekistan in joining the International Budget Partnership by meeting the requirements for membership and ensure Uzbekistan’s participation in the Open Budget Survey. The Survey is the world’s only independent, comparative assessment of the three pillars of public budget accountability: transparency, oversight, and public participation.
- Objective 4: Increase the capacity of parliament members, civil society, mass media and others in the area of parliamentary and public oversight over the budget revenues and expenditures to manage the budget process in a transparent and accessible manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Expected Results include:
- Establish a new national budget format “citizens budget” that will allow untrained members of the public to understand how their tax money is being allocated.
- A successful public outreach campaign related to Uzbekistan’s budget and budgetary process through social media and television that reaches an estimated 10 million people.
- Uzbekistan joins the International Budget Partnership and participates in the Open Budget Survey.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
To achieve these objectives, programs should include the following activities:
- Develop a Citizens Budget product that can be sustained by the Ministry of Finance.
- Support civil society and the general public’s participation in the budgetary process by conducting an awareness-raising campaign about the Citizens Budget and inviting input.
- Print, publish, and promote the Citizens Budget within civil society.
- Upgrade the “Open Budget” web portal and strengthen its functionality and reporting capabilities. Improve the website interface and other features to make it more user-friendly.
- Develop mobile versions of the “Open Budget” web portal to provide better access to budget information and to facilitate involvement of the public and civil society into the budgetary process.
- Support preparatory work to conduct an Open Budget Survey in Uzbekistan.
- Prepare Uzbekistan’s government representatives in joining the International Budget Partnership by helping them meet the requirements and sustain their membership.
Conduct capacity development activities for various targeted groups, including parliament members, civil society, mass media and others in the area of parliamentary and public oversight over the budget revenues and expenditures.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Funding Amount: $ 375,000 US Dollars
- The period of performance will be approximately 24 months
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327927
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.