The U.S. Embassy Hanoi, Bureau of Eastern Asia and the Pacific of the U.S. Department of State announces a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for 05 small projects to Vietnamese community-based organizations working in HIV/AIDS. These projects will promote HIV services among PEPFAR’s target populations and increase public awareness of the United States’ role in supporting the national HIV response in Vietnam.
The PEPFAR Small Grants Fund for HIV/AIDS Public Diplomacy, part of the PEPFAR program in Vietnam, supports HIV/AIDS-related public affairs activities aligned to PEPFAR’s Country Operational Plan strategic priorities.
- Objective 1: Strengthen the community-based organization’s ownership and capacity in HIV/AIDS programs (either service delivery, monitoring or other support to their own constituency).
- Objective 2: Raise public awareness of publicly available HIV services.
- Objective 3: Showcase the United States Government’s support of HIV programs in Vietnam with a special emphasis on the 25th anniversary of the US-Vietnam re-engagement.
- The applicants will be awarded with $24,000.00 US Dollars for 5 awards.
- The Period of Performance for these grants will be 4 months.
A program that:
- develops the group’s ownership and builds its capacity in HIV/AIDS programs.
- increased public awareness of publicly available HIV services nationwide or in the group’s province.
- recognition of the United States Government’s role in supporting HIV programs in Vietnam.
Public communication campaigns (online or offline), public events, TV shows, films or other mass media produc
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Limited to Vietnamese community-based organizations working in HIV/AIDS (either with or without a legal status, and existing in the form of a self-help group, a network, or a structured or semi-structured civil society organization, led by and working for the benefits of people living with HIV and/or key populations.) Community-based Output organizations that do not have a legal status need to indicate clearly in the proposal a representative individual.
- Eligibility is limited to local community organizations based in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Thai Nguyen, Ho Chi Minh City, Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Tay Ninh, Long An and Tien Giang with proven work experience in HIV/AIDS.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2Dpmng4