The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of U.S. Embassy La Paz, under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State, is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
Purpose of Grants: PAS La Paz invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural, educational, professional and scientific ties between the U.S. and Bolivia through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
The Public Affairs Section is particularly interested in projects that increase academic and cultural exchanges between the United States and Bolivia, expand English language proficiency, foster entrepreneurship and innovation, encourage greater cooperation in science and technology, promote social inclusion and advance excellence in journalism. They are looking for proposals with outstanding cultural, educational, and exchange merit that involve geographically, demographically, and socio-economically diverse audiences in Bolivia.
Examples of PAS Grants Program programs include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Expanding English language proficiency;
- Fostering entrepreneurship and innovation, especially with programs that support increased economic opportunities for women and small business owners, including social impact investment;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions;
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs; and
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs.
- Minimum for Each Award: $1,000.00;
- Maximum for Each Award: $40,000.00.
- Eligible Applicants: The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Bolivia.
- Governmental institutions For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://bo.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/223/ANNUAL-PROGRAM-STATEMENT-FY-21.pdf