The U.S. Embassy Prague Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations or individuals to submit Statements of Interest (SOI) to carry out projects in the Czech Republic.
The U.S. Embassy Prague Public Affairs Section (PAS) funds projects that strengthen societal and cultural ties between the United States and the Czech Republic and support U.S. Embassy Strategic Goals. Projects should specifically target Czech audiences living within the Czech Republic.
The goal of this funding opportunity is to solicit proposals from eligible individuals and organizations that advance key strategic goals to strengthen societal and cultural ties between the United States and the Czech Republic. All Embassy-funded projects should include a clear American component, strive to highlight U.S.-Czech shared values, and promote bilateral cooperation. This could, but need not, include direct collaboration with American subject matter expert/s, organization/s, and or institution/s.
Project proposals must also support at least one Embassy Strategic Goal:
- Promote economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, and innovation during COVID.
- Strengthen civil society.
- Encourage philanthropy and community development.
- Promote energy security, cyber security, and/or NATO security alliance.
- Strengthen the rule of law, government accountability, and anti-corruption efforts.
- Strengthen independent media, journalism, and/or counter disinformation.
- Promote human rights, support marginalized groups, and foster a culture of integration.
- Encourage greater gender equality and the empowerment of women.
The U.S. Embassy also encourages innovative proposals that promote American art and culture or support English language learning in the Czech Republic to help advance the above objectives. Examples of successful PAS Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, and speaker programs;
- Youth leadership and skills development projects;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions;
- Projects and outreach activities that highlight the shared democratic values.
- Award amounts: grants may range from a minimum of $3,000.00 to a maximum of $20,000.00
- Length of performance period: up to 24 months (12 months is preferred)
Participants and Audiences
- The U.S. Embassy seeks geographically and demographically diverse audiences within the Czech Republic and prioritize proposals with a significant programming component outside of Prague. Projects focused on Ustecky Region and Moravskoslezsky Region are strongly encouraged.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with a connection to the Czech Republic;
- Public and private educational institutions with a connection to the Czech Republic;
- Czech governmental institutions and international organizations;
- Individuals with a connection to the Czech Republic.
For more information, visit https://cz.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity/