The U.S. Embassy Suva is seeking applications for its Public Diplomacy Small Grant Program. The grant proposals must benefit Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga or Tuvalu and address the Public Diplomacy Initiatives or Embassy Goals.
Public Diplomacy Initiatives
- Foster media contacts and professional development;
- Expand STEAM and educational opportunities for youth to meet the needs of a 21st-century workforce;
- Promote sustainable economic development and women’s economic participation;
- Develop partnerships and tools to encourage healthy and resilient populations through lifestyle choices.
- As this is a small grant program the typically approved proposals range from US$5,000-$15,000.
Public Diplomacy Grants will not fund
- Commercial proposals;
- Proposals over $15,000 unless they are particularly strong from a previously successful grantee;
- Proposals that do not benefit communities in Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga or Tuvalu;
- Proposals that do not address embassy or public diplomacy goals.
- Bolster U.S. security and regional security, as well as protect U.S. citizens;
- Foster a free and open Indo-Pacific region by promoting a rules-based order, both bilaterally and multilaterally, by supporting responsive, democratic governance, strong civil society and an independent media;
- Promote sustained economic prosperity driven by open-market economic policies and high-standard investment; increased connectivity; improved natural resource management; and free, fair, and reciprocal trading relationships;
- U.S. commitment to the region is reinforced through efforts to improve human development, island states’ resiliency to natural disasters and access climate change financing, and build regional maritime security partnerships.
Proposals will be reviewed by a committee on the following timeline:
- Received October 1-December 31 – Reviewed in early January;
- Received January 1-March 31 – Reviewed in early April;
- Received April 1-June 30 – Reviewed in early July;
- Received July 1-September 30 – Reviewed in early October.
*Following the review results will be communicated via email. If your proposal is selected they will meet to negotiate the grant, discuss requirements and request further information.
For more information, visit https://fj.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grants/