Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Saudi Arabia is pleased to announce the Public Affairs Sections (PAS) Small Grants Program 2021.
PAS invites proposals for projects, including virtual programs that strengthen ties between Saudi Arabia and the United States through programs, which promote bilateral cooperation and enhance mutual understanding. All programs must include an American cultural element or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policies and perspectives.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Program include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. experts conducting speaking tours/public talks, roundtable discussions, workshops, etc.;
- Academic and professional lectures and seminars;
- Cultural and arts programs/workshops/performances and exhibitions;
- Development of initiatives aimed at maintaining contacts with alumni of their exchange programs;
- Environmental and Energy Conservation;
- Entrepreneurship Initiatives; and
- Youth and Women Sports Initiatives.
Priority Program Areas
Priority will be given to project proposals that further one or more of the U.S. Mission’s goals, including:
- Programs that enhance U.S.-Saudi Arabia security cooperation, including reducing the threat of terrorism, encouraging peaceful resolution of disputes, and advancing peace and stability in conflict-affected areas.
- Programs that foster greater bilateral trade and investment between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia.
- Programs that develop stronger linkages between the United States and Saudi Arabia in terms of an engaged citizenry, entrepreneurship and job skills, interfaith dialogue, women’s empowerment, sports, art, and the entertainment industry.
- Programs that support increased transparency and good governance, as well as respect for the rule of law and civil society.
- Programs that involve Saudis both in and outside of the major cities of Riyadh, Jeddah and Dhahran.
- Length of performance period is 6 to 12 months.
- Award amounts may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $75,000.
- Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year and reviewed periodically.
Funding Instrument Type
Grant, Fixed Amount Award, or Cooperative Agreement. Cooperative Agreements are different from grants in that PAS staff is more actively involved in the grant implementation.
Program Performance Period
Proposed programs are usually completed in one year or less but may be extended in special circumstances. PAS will entertain applications for continuation grants funded under these awards beyond the initial budget period on a non-competitive basis subject to availability of funds, satisfactory progress of the program, and a determination that continued funding would be in the best interest of the U.S. Department of State.
Participants and Audiences
PAS’s primary audiences include national and regional media; public-private organizations, foundations, and think tanks; government officials (state, district, and municipal officials; policy makers, civil servants); cultural and educational leaders; next generation leaders (e.g., innovators, digital influencers); underserved communities; and academic institutions.
PAS encourages applications from the United States and Saudi Arabia. Individuals and registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, civil society/non-governmental organizations with relevant programming experience are encouraged to apply. For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Saudi Arabia.
For more information, visit https://sa.usembassy.gov/education-culture/u-s-mission-saudi-arabia-pas-small-grants-fy2021/