The U.S. Embassy PRAIA Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS PRAIA invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Cabo Verde through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- English Language Learning;
- Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, with priority given to projects that seek to increase U.S. Businesses’ trade and investment with Cabo Verde;
- Partnerships between U.S. and Cabo Verde institutions committed to education, academic research, and cross-cultural academic exchanges; and
- Strengthen democratic values, specifically social inclusion, transparency, freedom of express, and freedom or the press.
Participants & Audiences
- All proposals should focus on engaging Cabo Verdeans in Cabo Verde.
- Proposals can include diaspora but must include local populations.
- Those projects that target youth, women, and marginalized communities such as the LGBTQIA+ community are encouraged.
- Other key audiences may include: the LGBT community, persons with disabilities, journalists and media professionals, entrepreneurs, artists, NGOs, and English teachers.
- Length of performance period: 1 to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 5 awards (dependent on amounts)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000
- Total available funding: $50,000
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Cabo Verde from:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331750