The U.S. Embassy Prague Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce available funding for civil society projects advancing key strategic goals through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
Funding eligible programs that strengthen societal and cultural ties between the United States and Czech Republic by highlighting shared values and promoting bilateral cooperation. All programs should include a clear American component for consideration. This could, but need not, include direct collaboration with American subject matter expert/s, organization/s, and or institution/s.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $3,000.00 to a maximum of $20,000.00;
- Length of performance period: up to 24 months (12 months is preferred);
- Number of awards anticipated: 60 awarded grants (depending on funding).
- Promote economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, and innovation during COVID.
- Strengthen civil society.
- Encourage philanthropy and community development.
- Promote energy security, cyber security, and/or NATO security alliance.
- Strengthen the rule of law, government accountability, and anti-corruption efforts.
- Strengthen independent media, journalism, and/or counter disinformation.
- Promote human rights, support marginalized groups, and foster a culture of integration.
- Encourage greater gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with a connection to the Czech Republic;
- Public and private educational institutions with a connection to the Czech Republic;
- Czech governmental institutions and international organizations;
- Individuals with a connection to the Czech Republic.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Participants and Audiences:
- The program seeks geographically and demographically diverse audiences within the Czech Republic and prioritizes proposals with a significant programming component outside of Prague. Projects focused on Ustecky kraj and Moravskoslezsky kraj are strongly encouraged.
- The following types of programs are not eligible for funding:
- Programs relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities without an Embassy strategic goal priority;
- Construction programs;
- Fund-raising campaigns.
- The program encourages innovative proposals that promote American art and culture or support English language learning in the Czech Republic.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329570