The U.S. Embassy in France of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to run a six-month entrepreneurship and leadership program for 20-30 PACA region participants with a component related to sports.
- The U.S. Embassy in France created Start US Up in 2014 to support new entrepreneurs and reinforce the leadership skills and networked needed to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- The program aims to provide participants both with activities that build the hard skills an entrepreneur needs (pitching, drafting a business plan, financial management) and sports activities that help build self-confidence, teamwork, and leadership skills also needed in a successful entrepreneur.
- The 2022 program will also include gatherings of the Start US Up alumni club around networking and follow-up events; the maintenance of an alumni online directory; as well as English classes for the participants to learn how to pitch their entrepreneurial projects in an international environment.
- Length of performance period: Nine months from November 2, 2021 through July 30, 2022
- Number of awards anticipated: One award
- Award amounts: Award may range to a maximum of $102,500.00
- Total available funding: $102,500.00
- Type of Funding: FY2021 Smith-Mundt Public Diplomacy Funding
- Anticipated program start date: Program planning should begin in November 2021 with program implementation starting in January 2022
Participants and Audiences
- 18-35 year-old dedicated youth from within and around Ile-de-France who have an entrepreneurial project linked to the 2024 Paris Olympic Games’ legacy.
- Participants should include a mixture of economic background and educational and professional trajectories.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- The U.S. Embassy France Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and French notfor-profit organizations.
- For-profit and commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=334691