The U.S. Consulate General in Almaty, Kazakhstan of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for individuals and organizations to submit applications to carry out the Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) 2021 program for participants from Kazakhstan.
The goal of the project is to empower women in Kazakhstan to fulfill their economic potential, and in doing so, create conditions for a more stable, secure, and prosperous society.
The objective of the project is to engage a maximum of 35 Kazakhstani women entrepreneurs in an educational program designed to equip them with skills for successful development of their business ideas. The distribution of participants engaged should be a maximum of 12 per city where the program is implemented.
- Anticipated period of performance: 11 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 1 award
- Award amounts: $50,000
- Total available funding: $50,000
Participants and Audiences
- Target audience for the program should be women from geographically diverse areas in Kazakhstan, aged 25 and older, fluent in English, with good computer literacy.
- The women must have a demonstrated interest in developing a business idea. Depending on the chosen online course, participants may not need to be in business already, or have developed a business plan.
- The participants must be energetic and available to commit up to 5 hours a week for studying the course content, discussions, networking and other events as part of the program.
- The participants must have access to a computer workstation and stable Internet connection for the duration of the program. The minimum target number of participants of the program is 30 women.
- Geographically diverse representation from Kazakhstan cities and rural areas, with emphasis on locations outside Almaty and Nur-Sultan. In this cooperative agreement, applicants should propose three (3) cities outside of Almaty and Nur-Sultan.
- Together with the U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan, the cities will be finalized in negotiation stages following initial approval of the grant.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including non-governmental organizations;
- Public and private educational institutions.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329618