Cultural Small Grants Program has been announced by the Cultural Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in the Republic of Moldova that works to build mutual understanding between Moldovans and Americans. They do this through establishing cultural, professional, and academic networking and partnerships involving Moldovan and American professionals in education, music, sports, and the arts.
Programs and activities may include but are not limited to: coaching workshops, exhibits, performances, and creative collaborations. All proposals must include a distinct, clear connection between Moldovan and American culture.
Their program aims to
- Encourage Moldova’s European trajectory by supporting real reforms and tangible economic development for the Moldovan people;
- Bridge divides in Moldovan society by promoting civic engagement and demand for accountable governance; and
- Support a whole and secure Moldova.
Strategic Priorities for the 2021 financial year are:
- Supporting Independent Voices.
- Promoting American values.
- Reaching audiences outside the capital.
- Encouraging Accountable Governance.
- Building connections across the Nistru river.
- Encouraging entrepreneurship and economic development in the arts sector.
- The U.S. Embassy will consider awarding grants ranging from $10,000 to $45,000. Any requests outside of these limits will not be considered.
- Total budget for the competition: $140,000.
- Assistance Instruments: Grants or Fixed Amount Awards.
- The maximum period of performance: 12 months.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Moldovan not-for-profit organizations, including civil society/non-governmental organizations.
- American non-profit NGOs will partner with a Moldovan NGO or will reach a Moldovan audience.
- Moldovan Public and private cultural and educational institutions.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331334