The Public Affairs Section (PAS) at the U.S. Consulate General Peshawar is pleased to announce a funding opportunity available through the public diplomacy grants program to further Mission Pakistan’s goal to increase the capacity of journalists to protect themselves and others by improving their capacity to provide first aid to the injured until first-responders arrive at the scene.
- Media professionals are often at the scene of an accident or attack before the emergency services.
- This training will improve the first aid skills of media professionals in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the NMDs in the event of injury, enabling them to provide assistance to the injured.
- To provide basic first aid training to 80 to 100 male and female journalists(reporters, photo, and video journalists) across the press clubs of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province over a period of six to eight months.
- Funding Mechanism Type: Grant
- Estimated Total Project Funding: $30,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $30,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $15,000
- Length of Project Period: Six to eight months.
- Male and female members of the media, including reporters, photographers, and video journalists from KP and the NMDs of varying age.
- The following non-profit organizations are eligible to apply:
- Non-governmental organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Think Tanks
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=337475