The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section in Moscow (PAS Moscow), invites proposal submissions for a cooperative agreement to provide technical and logistical support for the U.S. Subject Matter Experts Program.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Strengthen people-to-people ties between the United States and Russia through activities, information sharing, and experiences between American experts and target audiences that increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Russia.
- Strengthen local partnerships and build long-term, self-sustaining relationships and institutional linkages between U.S. and Russian individuals and organizations, including capacity building for Russian cultural, educational, and civil society institutions.
- Showcase American values by presenting the full range of American professionalism, innovation and civic values through the sharing of expert knowledge representing the diversity of the United States.
- Details of the organization’s capacity for handling financial logistics for multi-faceted speaking programs in Russia.
- Details of the organization’s familiarity with the Russian program environment, including the cultural, educational, and civil society institutions in major urban areas and regions.
- Details of the organization’s familiarity with American professional and business culture, academic and cultural organizations, and civil society and community initiatives.
- Recruiting potential experts based on input from the U.S. Embassy.
- Coordinating with the U.S. Embassy to finalize selection of experts.
- Negotiation and transferring the honorarium and speaker fees.
- Sending bios and other information about the participants to Embassy Moscow.
- Making international and in-country flight arrangements and purchasing all tickets in accordance with Fly America provisions.
- Advising the expert on Russian safety, weather, and other precautions, and facilitating the visa application process.
- Arranging airport pickup and hotel reservations in Moscow and other cities and paying for hotels.
- Purchasing (and shipping if necessary) educational items such as books, CDs, DVDs in support of programs.
- Printing handouts, bios, and programs in support of programs.
- The creation, distribution, and processing of surveys to be given to participants of lectures and workshops on the value of the program and attitudes towards the United States.
- Coordinating and funding venues (such as hotels or conference spaces), sound, interpretation, and other logistics related to the program in Russia.
- Coordinating and funding virtual programming events and social media content related to speaker programs.
- Approximate Total Funding: $300,000
- Approximate Number of Awards: two
- Approximate Average Award: $300,000
- Floor of Award Range: $200,000
- Ceiling of Award Range: $300,000
- Anticipated Award Date: October 1, 2020
- Anticipated Project Completion Date: September 30, 2021
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327967