Applications are now open for the UK PACT Green Recovery Challenge Fund-a capacity-building fund to support low-carbon transitions and a green, resilient and inclusive economic recovery across ODA-eligible countries.
The Green Recovery Challenge Fund supports innovative ideas that address specific low-carbon challenges, show measurable results, promote social inclusion and inspire future actions to increase climate ambition at scale while supporting countries to transition their economies.
The UK Government has partnered with ICF Consulting to deliver the Green Recovery Challenge Fund under the UK PACT (Partnering for Accelerated Climate Transitions) programme funded by UK International Climate Finance.
The UK PACT programme objective is to provide capacity building through technical assistance to achieve enhanced and sustained actions on emissions reductions.
The projects proposed must be designed to build the capability and capacity of beneficiaries and key stakeholders in the chosen region to inform, raise the ambition, and implement accelerated action on emissions reductions. The programme aims to fund projects which are innovative in design and are able to achieve measurable outcomes.
- MRV tools for forests, land use and agriculture: supports emissions reduction efforts and generates economic opportunities in Asia and Latin America by improving the sustainability of forest and agricultural practices through accurate measuring, reporting and verification (MRV).
- Greening financial systems: continues its work in Asia to mainstream climate-related financial risks and opportunities in order to unlock investments that contribute to achieving net zero goals and a just transition.
- Projects applying for the Green Recovery Challenge Fund should be delivered in, and benefit, at least one of the following eight ODA eligible countries:
- Brazil, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam
- Do you have a project idea that accelerates the low-carbon transition and promotes a greener, fairer, more resilient future?
- Will your proposed project be implemented in one or more of the following target ODA-eligible countries: Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, India, Malaysia, Peru, Thailand or Vietnam?
- Does your proposed project aim to deliver capacity building1 in one of the following areas?
- Greening financial systems in India, Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam
- MRV for land use in Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, India, Malaysia, Peru, Thailand or Vietnam
- Is there demand for your proposed project from local beneficiaries?
- Is your project expected to cost less than £500,000 per annum to implement?
- Is your project expected to take up to one year to implement?
- Is the applying organisation a not-for-profit organisation?
- Eligible organisations include local non-governmental organisations (NGOs), civil society organisations, research institutes and not for profit private sector companies. Government bodies and agencies are not eligible for this scheme. Are you an eligible organisation to apply?
- Answering “yes” to all the questions above indicates that your project is eligible to apply for funding.
- If some of your answers were “no”, your project may not eligible, but it might be with some adjustments.
For more information, visit https://www.ukpact.co.uk/green-recovery-challenge-fund